The American Rehabilitation Economics Association (AREA) is a professional collective of vocational evaluators, economic analysts, rehabilitation experts, and life care planners. We are dedicated to promoting and publishing best practices in litigated areas dealing with monetary value, worth, and consumption in personal injury, wrongful death, and matrimonial separation cases that involve disability considerations. Our members are located throughout the United States, Canada and the Virgin Islands.
AREA has two missions:
- Recognizing the integrative use of vocational rehabilitation and economic loss assessment as a distinct discipline, and
- Providing a peer-exchange forum for vocational, economic, rehabilitation, and life care planning experts.
AREA supports professional growth by offering opportunities for continuing education at its Annual Conference and periodic virtual Workshops. AREA interfaces with other vocational, economic, rehabilitation, and life care planning organizations to encourage the sharing of knowledge among related forensic professionals.
- REGISTER for the October 13, 2021 virtual workshop “The Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) Explained.”
- SAVE THE DATE! The 2022 Conference is at the Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel in Chicago May 26-28, 2022. More news to follow!
- CALENDAR the next virtual workshop on Transferable Skills Analysis, January 20, 2022.
Established in 1989, AREA is the only international certifying body that has this unique blend of professions in loss assessment. In addition to membership status, unique designations available only through AREA are the RFE (Registered Forensic Economist), FVE (Forensic Vocational Expert), EA (Earnings Analyst) and the CEA (Certified Earnings Analyst).
AREA publishes an online scholarly JOURNAL (“The Earnings Analyst”), in cooperation with the Collegium of Pecuniary Damages Experts (CPDE), highlighting the latest industry research and trends. The TEA is available online by clicking here.
Have questions or comments about AREA? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 800.317.2732 (619.440.2650).
FRIENDS OF THE ASSOCIATION*
*Click here for details concerning Friends of the Association and the benefits thereof.