Boot Camp: May 11 Main Conference: May 12-13
San Diego Yacht Club
1011 Anchorage Lane, San Diego, CA 92106
Charting Your Course for Success
Plan now to attend the AREA Annual Conference, May 11-13, 2017 in beautiful San Diego, CA. The meeting will be held at the San Diego Yacht Club in Point Loma. The event begins on Thursday with a 6-hour dual-track Boot Camp featuring Allyn Needham PhD CEA on “Back to Basics: Present Value Calculations” (Intermediate), and Herb Burkman PhD and Carol Hyland MS CLCP CDMS on “Life Care Planning, Medical Price Forecasts, and the Present Value of a Life Care Plan” (Advanced). The Main Conference moves into Friday and Saturday with 10 thought-provoking sessions that will not disappoint.
- Barry Ben-Zion PhD – “Legal Guidance in the State of California: PI, WD, and Employment Cases”
- Tami Rockholt RN BSN – “Reasonable Costs for Personal Injury Cases in California”
- Victor A. Matheson PhD – “Current Status of the Affordable Care Act as It Relates to Life Care Plans”
- Reg Gibbs MS CRC LCPC CBIS CLCP FIALCP – “Ethics in a Forensic Setting” (1.5 ethics credit)
- Tom Ireland PhD – “Reasonable Value, Collateral Source, and Valuing Life Care Plans Based upon Medicare/Medicaid Pricing”
- Toni M. Blake JD MA – “The Do’s and Don’ts of Expert Testimony”
- Shannon Shipp PhD CEA – “Roundtable on Calculating Household Services”
- Carl Gann MEd CDMS ABVE-D CLCP – “Employment Law”
- Robert J. Nelson MACC, CPA, CFF – “Lost Earnings Consideration for Business Owners”
- Gene Van de Bittner PhD CRC ABVE-D IPEC – “Vocational Apportionment Factors Affecting Employability and Earning Capacity”
CEUs: Conference attendees will receive up to 18 CEUs … 6 for attendance at either of our 2 Boot Camps (Intermediate, Advanced) and 12 hours of Main Conference attendance (including 1.5 Ethics hours). Applications approved by ABVE and CDMS; pending from CLCP and CRCC (for CRC and CVE). These credits also apply to AREA’s CEA/CRE credentials.
ROOM BLOCK: We have a room block reserved at The Bay Club Hotel and Marina, 2131 Shelter Island Drive, San Diego, CA 92106. Single/Double Guestrooms are $129/night (Sun. to Thurs.), and $139/night (Fri. & Sat.). Triple, Quadruple, and Suites are also available. Please see page 12 of the Conference brochure for complete hotel information, including airport shuttle.
For Room Reservations, please call the Bay Club Reservation Line at 800.672.0800 or 619.224.8888. Be sure to identify yourself as part of the AREA group at the time of making your reservation in order to be eligible for the special group rate. Reservations received by The Bay Club Hotel after April 10, 2017 will be provided on a space available basis.
- Email (email@example.com) or fax (619.839.3817) your completed Registration Form.
- Mail your check or money order to “AREA,” PO Box 19941, San Diego, CA 92159.
- Pay online by Credit Card: Look for the Conf. Registration – MEMBER and Conf. Registration – NON-MEMBER registration headings below. But please read the following instructions first. (IMPORTANT: You do NOT need to have a PayPal account in order to use this online payment option.)
For all conference registration options to appear below, click the line “Boot Camp $450.00 USD” under Member and/or Non-Member, as appropriate for each attendee.* Now you see the complete list of registration options from which to choose. Click one and ADD TO CART. (This opens a new tab “PayPal Checkout.” Click “Continue shopping” in the upper right-hand corner of that PayPal window which automatically returns you here.)
*Register for multiple attendees, and pay one combined amount: After adding the first attendee’s registration to the PayPal cart, choose “continue shopping” to return here and make registration selections for additional attendees.
Members can pay for registration and dues in the same transaction: After adding your conference registration selection(s) to the PayPal cart, go to the bottom of the Join AREA page, click the line “Professional (1 yr) $155.00 USD,” select the desired level/term of membership dues to pay, and ADD TO CART.
When finished making all selections: Click on the open “PayPal Checkout” tab/window. Double check each of your cart selections for accuracy. Adjust quantities if necessary.
NOTE: PayPal members, use the yellow PayPal Check out button. If you do not have a PayPal account, no worries. Just use the white Check Out button.