Offsets: Earnings and Mitigation in Post-COVID Litigation
Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago
163 E. Walton Place, Chicago, IL 60611
Book online or call 800.621.8140 and request the special $169/night group rate for the “American Rehabilitation Economics Association.” (Registering through AREA’s room block helps to defray our conference costs. Thank you.) Click here for additional hotel information.
Hotel reservation deadline is May 4, 2022 to secure the special group rate.
CONFERENCE BROCHURE FORTHCOMING.
The Certified Earnings Analyst (CEA) exam will be held at the hotel on Sunday, May 29, the day after the conference concludes, and proctored by Tom Roney, AREA President-Elect. Interest in sitting for this exam requires the completion of a Certification Application and review, so please contact AREA well in advance of the 2022 conference.
Boot Camp: Thursday, May 26
- Intermediate Boot Camp— Estimating Lost Earning Capacity and Mitigation from the Ground Up — Allyn Needham, Ph.D. CEA
- Advanced Boot Camp— Kristin Kucsma, M.A.
Main Conference: Friday-Saturday, May 27-28
Following is the most up-to-date list of speakers and topics:
- Virgil May, Rh.D. — Determining Damages Through Functional Capacity Evaluation
- Victor A. Matheson, Ph.D. — COVID and Labor Force Participation Rates
- Frank Slesnick, Ph.D. — G2i, Translating General Population Data to the Individual Plaintiff – Problems and Solutions
- Tom R. Ireland, Ph.D. — Controversies in the Valuation of Household Services
- Travis Andrews, Ph.D. — The Expert Witness: Ethical Challenges, Obligations, and Considerations
- Roman Garagulagian Ph.D. — The Gray Areas Surrounding Unemployment Durations in the COVID-19 Recession
- Lane Blume Hudgins, Ph.D. — Effective Collaboration: A Case Study in Developing Report Formats That Are Efficient and Practical for both Life Care Planners and Economists
- William Houston Reed, Ph.D. — The Importance of Professional Skill Sets and Credentials: The CEA Designation
- Roderick C. Stoneburner, M.S. CRC/Retired — Job Analysis/Transferable Skills Analysis: Essential Tools for Vocational Consultants
CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY FOR ALL CONFERENCE PROGRAM UPDATES TO INCLUDE POTENTIAL VARIATIONS DUE TO COVID-19 AND ITS VARIANTS. SEE “ASSOCIATION NEWS” FOR ONGOING DEVELOPMENTS.
Every year AREA applies for PRE-APPROVED CEU CREDIT from ABVE, CDMS, CRCC and ICHCC.
Complete & submit Conference Registration Form by email, fax, or mail. As indicated on the form, pay by check or electronically below.
EARLY-BIRD REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS APRIL 29, 2022. REGISTER EARLY!!
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO CONSIDER AREA MEMBERSHIP FOR THE DISCOUNTED CONFERENCE RATE. CLICK HERE FOR APPLICANT INFORMATION.
FIRST-TIME AREA CONFERENCE ATTENDEES RECEIVE A 10% DISCOUNT … EMAIL THE OFFICE FOR DETAILS.
To ensure receipt of future educational announcements, please email your name, firm, cell phone, and preferred email address to email@example.com, SUBJECT: ADD ME TO YOUR EMAIL LIST.